A all dependent on one’s individual situation; based on this, the periodontist will draw up a plan for implants that is most suited to you.
- Replacing a Single Tooth This is quite simple, as you only need to replace that one tooth with one implant and crown
- Replacing Several Teeth Slightly more complicated, if you have to replace several teeth you will need to consider implant-supported bridges
- Replacing All of Your Teeth You may opt for an implant-supported full bridge or full denture in the event where you have to replace all your teeth
- Sinus AugmentationThere are a number of factors to look out for when carrying out a surgery as delicate as dental implants. For one thing you need plenty of bone to work with which can prove to be an issue especially in the upper back jaw area not only due to its inadequate bone mass, also its closeness to the sinus. There are surgeries that can be undertaken such as sinus augmentation which is focused on raising the sinus floor while also building up bone in preparation for dental implants.
- Ridge Modification There could be situations where irregularities either in the upper or lower jaw can leave you with insufficient bone for the purpose of incorporating dental implants. For those who suffer from such conditions, this solution involves lifting the gum away from the ridge exposing any defects. Where less bone is detected, your periodontist will fill in the shortcoming with either real bone or bone substitute in aid of building up the ridge. Not only will this improve appearance as has been seen in the past, it will also elevate your eligibility for implants in the future.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER RECEIVING A DENTAL IMPLANT?
Rigorous dental hygiene practices consisting of both at-home care as well as visits to your dental clinic are mandatory for optimal oral health. Both your natural teeth as well as implants need to be treated in the same way. Of course regular brushing and flossing are great ways to keep your implants clean and plaque-free.
Post-treatment, the best care plan will be drawn up for you by your periodontist to follow with your help. Remember you follow-up with visits that will help you observe your implant, teeth and gums to ensure they are healthy.
Book Your Appointment Today: Click Here