As people age their teeth change, just like the rest of their bodies, says a Dentist in Abu Dhabi. Teeth shift and move over time due to many reasons that can or cannot be controlled.
Some of these reasons include tongue movements, lips pushing against the teeth, and how the teeth come together. Here is a look at some of the reasons that attempt to move the teeth,
- Tongue movement habits – An abnormal tongue thrust is very common among most people. The tongue places pressure on the teeth when eating, swallowing, and talking. This happens unconsciously and people don’t realize how often the tongue presses against the teeth. When swallowing, you will realize that the tongue presses against the upper teeth. This is not an issue for most people, but for people with a powerful tongue thrust, this can cause tooth movement over time.
- Lips pushing against the teeth – The force and pressure that the lips, apply to the teeth can cause them to move. An example of this is where the lower lip is tucked behind the upper teeth. Dental Clinic in Dubai observed this in small children and certain adults who bite their lips when they get nervous.
- Frenum Issues – The frena is the attachment between the lips and tongue to the gum tissues attached to the teeth. There is one inside the tongue called a lingual frenum. The other two are on the inside of the lips and is called a labial frenum. The lingual frenum will not affect the teeth, but affects eating, speech, and swallowing as it can constrict tongue movement. The labial frenum can play a part in moving the front two teeth apart. To alleviate this Dental Treatment in Dubai is necessary to remove the labial frenum surgically.
- Forces from the teeth – The teeth are under constant pressure from each other. Normally when you bite together, the teeth touch and rest in a certain position. This position is known as centric occlusion. Usually the top teeth oppose the bottom teeth and keep them in line, but this changes when there is tooth loss and there is an open space, and the teeth start to grow down slightly to fill in the space and the adjacent teeth to the lost tooth would start to lean in towards the empty gap.
- Genetics – Sometimes genetics play a big part in a person’s teeth and determine if a person’s teeth will be straight or not.
- Tooth decay – When tooth decay is not treated, the tooth will automatically break down change its shape and size and will result in the existing teeth shifting into that space.
- Age – With age the area between the teeth starts to wear away. When this happens, the enamel begins to thin out. And, because the lower teeth are thinner, they wear out much quicker and there is more wear and tear on the lower teeth, the less able they are to withstand the force of the top teeth when biting down. This results in the teeth shifting.
- 舌头移动习惯– 在大多数人中间，异常挺舌是很普遍的。在吃饭、吞咽和讲话时，舌头向牙齿施加压力。在在没有意识到的情况下发生，人们没有意识到舌头有多频繁地压在牙齿上。在吞咽时，您将意识到舌头压住上牙。对大多数人来说，这不是个问题，但是对有着强大的挺舌的人而言，随着时间，这会导致牙齿移动。
- 嘴唇抵牙齿– 嘴唇向牙齿施加的力量和压力会使牙齿移动。这个的一例是下嘴唇叠在上牙后面。迪拜的牙科诊所在紧张时咬嘴唇的年幼儿童和某些成人那里观察到了这个。
- 系带问题 – 系带是向附在牙齿的牙龈组织的嘴唇和舌头之间的附件。舌头里面有一个叫舌系带。其它两个在嘴唇里面，被称为唇系带。舌系带不影响牙齿，但是影响吃饭、讲话和吞咽，因为它可以压缩舌头移动。唇系带会对分离两个前牙起作用。要减轻这个，迪拜牙科治疗对于用外科方法去除唇系带是必需的。
- 来自牙齿的力量 – 牙齿处于彼此之间的不断压力之下。通常当您咬在一起时，牙齿接触并以某种位置静止。此位置被称为正中咬合。通常上牙对抗下牙，使它们保持成线，但是当牙齿缺失有开放空间时这会改变，牙齿开始向下长填补空间，缺失牙旁边的牙齿开始向空隙倾斜。
- 遗传 – 有时遗传对人的牙齿起很大作用，并且决定其牙齿是直的与否。
- 蛀牙 – 当蛀牙没有得到治疗时，牙齿将自动破裂，改变其形状和大小，导致现有牙齿移向该空间。
- 年龄 – 随着年龄增长，牙齿之间的区域开始磨损。当这发生时，牙釉质开始稀薄。因为下牙更薄，它们磨损更快，下牙有更多磨损，在咬下去时，它们更不能经受住上牙的力量。这导致牙齿移动。